On Thursday, 3 December 1998, Chris Colohan writes:
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
> Sounds good to me...  One other thing that is common in Jazz charts is the
> ability to specify what inversion of the chord you are using.  This is usuall
    + y
> notated like C/E, where the note after the slash is the root of the chord.  S
    + o
> this would be a C triad with an E in the basement.  (E G C)

In pl16, probably.

However, i came accross a small problem.
A chord is represented internally as a list of pitches.  When my routine
in chord-name-engraver.cc tries to determine the name of the chord, there
are ambiguities, e.g. between C6 and Am7/C?  I solved this for now, by
requiring the boolean \property "chordInversions" set to 1, to have the
Chord_name_engraver find and display inversions.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/lilypond