So I downloaded, compiled and installed Lilypond last night, and it
looks very nice!

I would like to use Lilypond to create fakebook style jazz charts.  The
format is quite simple:  a single melody line, with chord symbols over
the measures.  So I coded this as:
     r8^"A$\flat maj7$" aes,8 [2/3 c8( ees8 )ges8]1/1 [f8.^"F$m7$"
des16] [2/3 f8( aes8 )ces8]1/1 |

But I would also like to automatically transpose these parts for various
instruments.  When I use the \transpose function it transposes the notes
and not the chords.  Is there a way to make the chord names visible to
the transpose mechanism so that the whole piece including chord symbols
can be transposed?

Thanks,

Chris