[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> A few days ago you suggested using the \translator construct to
> switch a lyrics line e.g. from below a staff above it.
> I tried to do this with exactly the same syntax as in the staff
> switching example from the tutorial (dated April 12) except for
> the spacers replaced by blanks. But the result was a warning
> like "junking lyrics request" and nothing switching.
> I also tried "explicit switching" like in section 15 of tutorial:
> <
> Lyrics = one \lyrics {}

Make sure that this one lasts as long as the rest of the
staffs. Otherwise, this context called "one" will be killed just after
it is created.  After two quarter notes a new context called "one" is
created (and put below the current lyric lines).

> One more question about lyrics:
> In an example like
> <
> Staff = melody \notes { c c c c8 c }
> Lyrics = text \lyrics { bla bla bla bla }
> >
> the syllabes will have duration 1/8, whereas I would expect the default
> duration 1/4 without having to specify that. Is this intended behavour?

We know about this behavior, but if I understand you correctly, you
want this

   < { c2 }
     { c  c }

to mean