Hi Han-Wen!
A few days ago you suggested using the \translator construct to
switch a lyrics line e.g. from below a staff above it.
I tried to do this with exactly the same syntax as in the staff
switching example from the tutorial (dated April 12) except for
the spacers replaced by blanks. But the result was a warning
like "junking lyrics request" and nothing switching.
I also tried "explicit switching" like in section 15 of tutorial:
<
Lyrics = one \lyrics {}
Staff = staff \notes { c c c c }
Lyrics = two \lyrics { bla bla \type Lyrics = one { bla bla } }

but this would result in a second lyrics line *below* the staff like

 |   |   |   |
 |   |   |   |
0   0   0   0
bla bla
        bla bla

My first guess was I just don't know the correct syntax. So I'd like
to ask for your help. Maybe you could put an example file into the
distribution or add an example to the lyrics section of the tutorial?

One more question about lyrics:
In an example like
<
Staff = melody \notes { c c c c8 c }
Lyrics = text \lyrics { bla bla bla bla }

the syllabes will have duration 1/8, whereas I would expect the default
duration 1/4 without having to specify that. Is this intended behavour?

Many thanks, David

*** My email address has changed!!! ***
David Ondreka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>