I am interested in Lilypond not only for typesetting music, but
also for performance. I want a language to describe a piece of
music and, from the description, be able to typeset and also
to play the piece of music. I found that Mudela is a good
language for music description, but MIDI generation is good
for proof listening, but not for final performance.

I would like to know whether MIDI is been working out and the
developers have more ambitious perspectives for it so that
I can write in Mudela and count with good MIDI file generation
in the near future. In other words, what is the plans for
MIDI in present/future Lilipond development?

Thanks.

Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Departamento de Computação
Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto
Brasil