=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Romildo_Malaquias?= writes:

> I am interested in Lilypond not only for typesetting music, but
> also for performance. I want a language to describe a piece of
> music and, from the description, be able to typeset and also
> to play the piece of music. I found that Mudela is a good
> language for music description, but MIDI generation is good
> for proof listening, but not for final performance.
>
> I would like to know whether MIDI is been working out and the
> developers have more ambitious perspectives for it so that
> I can write in Mudela and count with good MIDI file generation
> in the near future. In other words, what is the plans for
> MIDI in present/future Lilipond development?

Most MIDI stuff is my work, but I haven't been able to do much
on MIDI/sound since I switched to linux-ppc last August.

Although there are some vague plans to enhance the sound output,
eg slurs ties, dynamics, it has not a high priority.  In addition,
I can't seem to find good MIDI documentation on-line, and I'm not
a MIDI guru.

If you really need better MIDI output, you should consider to have
a go at it yourself.

Greetings,

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/