> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > The solution isn't that the music is in public domain. The problem is
> > the editions to copy from, which are *not* in the public domain, because
> > most editions have an own copyright, which lasts in the same way for 70
> > years [after the death of the editor?]. As far as I know you are not

What happens if one prepares a different score based on several
copyrighted editions? Has one to pay to all the copyright holders, or,
as the new score is different, no payment is due?

In other words, do the editors of urtext editions that prepare scores
by consulting both manuscripts and copyrighted editions pay for this
consultation?

Miguel Filgueiras