Comments? Ideas?  I intend to post this to relevant mailing lists and
newsgroups. (I think the "what needs to be done" section needs more
work)

Call for Volunteers --  The Mutopia project seeks YOUR help.

WHAT IS MUTOPIA?

Mutopia is an archive of public domain music, free for all to
download, modify and redistribute.  It should be based on free
software. It is similar in spirit to the Gutenberg archive.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

- write legal faq documents

- setup submission guidelines,

- acquire mutopia.org domain.

- setup FTP server

- cooperate with ABC folks, ftp.gmd.de

WHO DO WE NEED

Volunteers that want to setup and maintain a website and FTP site.

Volunteers with enough legal knowledge to write submission guidelines.

A project leader.

WHO ARE WE?

We are Han-Wen Nienhuys and Jan Nieuwenhuizen.  We are working on the
GNU project music typesetter, a program that does for sheet music what
TeX does for text.  We would like to help start this mutopia project.
Unfortunately, maintaining and extending LilyPond does not leave us
enough time to take up the task of setting up Mutopia.

Signed

Han-Wen Nienhys
Jan Nieuwenhuizen

[other bigwigs?]