When I was patching up to Mutopia 1.1.44 I noticed the "TASKS" file, requesting
people to help with the Mutopia, so here I am...

> WHO DO WE NEED
>
> Volunteers that want to setup and maintain a website and FTP site.

I would be willing to do this - see further down the e-mail. I work part time
as a professional website designer, BTW.

> Volunteers with enough legal knowledge to write submission guidelines.

Not me, I'm afraid. I understand the basics but am no lawyer.

> A project leader.

I would be quite happy to take on this job as well as I think having a
different website editor from project leader would create a few problems. I
also have quite a lot of time on my hands ATM :-)

I think that the problem with Mutopia as it stands (apart from not having
enough music or its own website!) is that it is only accessible to people who
install Lilypond - hard enough on Linux, damn near impossible for a beginner on
Windoze. I would propose to upload every file in postscript format (probably A4
and Letter size) as well as the .ly file so that people only need ghostscript
to print the music out. I'll get a friend of mine who has Windows to see how
hard the Windows version is to install and use.

To this end, I've created a preview of what I think the Mutopia site should
look like and (hopefully!) uploaded it to:

http://members.xoom.com/chrissawer/mutopia.html

Take a look and let me know what you think.

I think Mutopia has the potential to be huge - bigger than even project
Gutenburg, as people don't really want to print out books or read them on
screen - they just buy them. Music is different, as it is often only a few
pages which would be easy to print out, and is very expensive to buy.

I'd love to join the team!

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - Sussex, England - [EMAIL PROTECTED]