Hello,

I am currently browsing the "GNU community" and are getting
more and more enthusiastic as I do so.

I do some font development, and have plans to develop a set
of music-fonts to be released  as a GPL'ed  "Open Source" like
project / set.

For the font-set to be available in the TeX (LilyPond), MetaFont
environment, I need a utility to convert the fonts to the
appropriate format:

PostScript fonts in an ISO-Latin1 or
Adobe Standard encoding
to --->
TeX, MetaFont format.

Do you know where I can find such a thing ?

The project as such, will first actually start when I have finished
a number of composition commissions I have to do this summer.
(If someone is allready doing this or considering this, please
inform me so I can jump in :-)

But I plan to set up a web-site around september, feel free to
mail me with suggestions or just to show your interest .

Some of the key ideas are:

I think composers should not stop to influence music typography
with the introduction of computers.

It could be possible to design music-fonts, without having to
be compatible with "Sonata" or "Petrucci", and there-by accepting
the design-flaws these type of fonts have (like writing 'ff' as one
special character, instead of simple having it typed like 'f''f', and
spaced/kerned correctly, or preferring very large point-sizes, due
to now obsolete hardware related printing considerations.).

I would like the set to use a portable standard layout.
Have individual collections within the set reflect different
styles ( Ancient music, Classical, Jazz, Modern
Personalized typographies, Extensions with special symbols,
and so on).

The first release will just be a proposal from me, then after
tampering this set, a standard encoding should be chosen.

Each collection in the set is based on a standard, which contain:

Standard/
      Dynamics
      Articulations
      Clefs