[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > Mentioning this proposal does not mean that I recommend it.
>
> Thank you for the pointer, it looks very interesting, and *more
> references like this* is very helpful, to avoid doing unnecessary
> work, that others might already have done.

Check out the proceedigns of Electronic Publishing '98

        @InProceedings{bouzaiene98:_une,
          author =       {Nabil Bouzaiene and Lo\"ic Le Gall and Emmanuel Saint-James},
          title =        {Une biblioth\`eque pour la notation  musicale baroque},
          booktitle =    {EP '98},
          year =         1998,
          series =       {LNCS},

          note = {Describes ATYS, an extension to Berlioz, that can mimick
          handwritten baroque style beams}
          }

> I will check it out,

I  wonder: the fontset seems to lack support for downflags, so it
would be unusable  for sserious typesetting.