On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> > [...] So I can't see any music there. Shouldn't
> > this end up in a parse error, then?
>
> The \property statement is something that syntactically counts as
> part of the music. Anyway, what does it matter, no sensible user
> would want an empty Voice, would he?

Of course he wouldn't. I just choose to define some abbreviations
to give my pieces a more readable structure, but anyway it's not
a big point.:-)

> > [...] Or is
> > there a way to reference a symbol of lilys music fonts in lyrics mode
> > like one can reference a math symbol of the tex meta fonts?
> It's very difficult to use the font symbols directly since the stems
> are drawn separately using a postscript macro in Lilypond's ordinary
> output. However, your extra staff with only notes is easy to do,
> isn't there an example in the Tutorial that shows how to define
> such a context. I don't really see the advantage of using grace
> notes, the size can be changed also for ordinary music.
Can you give me a short hint on how to change the font size of an
individual staff? I must have missed the starting point of that
feature...

Thanks, David

David Ondreka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>