[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> - Where is the code that decides the vertical position of the slur end
> point at the end of line and the vertical position of the slur start
> point at the next line?

I think it is slur.cc, L190 and L.227

> - Shouldn't the Spanners that require said treatment be grouped
> through a common base class?

No, preferably not.  Adding baseclasses on top of existing hierarchy
leads to messy multiple inheritance structures.  If possible, use an
element property (set/get_elt_property ()).

On the other hand it might prove to be necessary, but the slur code is
(much too) complicated as it is.  We have managed to coax it into a
delicate equilibrium where it mostly does the right thing.  A fix for
one problem easily causes another.