>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> Gripe #2:  Slurring across staves.  In documentation it states that a
>> PianoStaff context is used for slurring across staves, though I can't
figure
>> out how other than the mess that you see in the \PianoStaff block.  (An
>
>You can use identifiers to hide the mess, eg
>
>    upstaff = \translator Staff = up

This isn't what I really meant.  What I meant was is there a way to put the
notes in their respective staves and have the slurs (or phrase markings)
cross staves?  Would it be possible to have a special kind of mark for that
purpose?  How it would work is you would have to limit it to certain staff
types (like PianoStaff) and treat the two separate note streams in each
staff as a single entity--but you would have a special slur character
(possibly two) that would signal that a slur starts in one staff and ends in
the other (you probably would need two characters).  That way, you can keep
the music somewhat readable without having to resort to tricks like cross
assigning notes to different staves in order to achieve that effect.

Does that make any sense?

-- Shamus