Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> > > No. Notes and slurs both are part of Voice context. You can not
> > > separate them.
> >
> > This is indeed a limitation. There is quite a lot of piano music especially from
> > the romantic era (Schumann, Brahms etc.) and onwards making use of that !
>
> I don't understand this, can you explain, or point to an example?

For example Brahms Klavierstücke Op. 118, Nummer 1, Intermezzo (a minor), Henle
Urtextausgabe. In the first full measure an 8'th note broken a minor chord starts in
the left hand and continues in the following measure in the right hand. The whole
figure has a common phrazing slur moving from the lower to the upper staff along with
the figure.

I suppose this is meant by 'slurs crossing staves'. This feature is supported by
MusiXTeX.

--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus