Should Denemo (the name of the program that I just posted about,
at least for the time being) load and save its own file format
incompatible with mudela, or should its save format _be_ a subset of (and
perfectly valid, typesettable) mudela?

        The idea being that saved files could be edited by hand with
the expectation that Denemo will understand many changes and will
preserve those changes that it doesn't understand itself.

        I was thinking that this could be accomplished by using
mudela-blocks something like this:

%{BEGIN mudela block that Denemo won't understand%} blah blah blah %{END
mudela block that Denemo won't understand%}

so that Denemo would know to ignore these things, but Lilypond will still
catch the relevant mudela that's inside.

        Any opinions?

Matt