On Thursday, 30 September 1999, Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> (*)  This doesn't mean that I think mudela is a bad format, on the
> contrary.  But I think a GUI editor that only offers a subset of
> LilyPond 's features could very well need a different format to read
> and write files.
>
> For instance: I could imagine that you would only allow one voice per
> staff in denemo, so you don't have to worry about collisions, cross
> staff switching, etc.  Denemo writes the voices out as a mudela
> include file, and the user builds a custom \score block to typeset the
> music with lilypond.
>
> In this case the format for denemo can be quite simple: a list of
> voices, and each voice is a list of chords.

If you would apply these restrictions (and maybe some others, such as
fixed note names) to mudela, it may be a viable 'internal' format for
denemo?  After all, it's Good to have an ascii format, and there are
only so many ways to represent a list of voices?

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/