i need to upgrade to lily 1.3.* to try han-wen's method of moving
fingerings to the sides of notes.  i'd like to just install a .deb
file, but anthony fok has been unreachable since at least the 4th, so
i don't know when he'll be able to offer something more than 1.2.17
(which itself is not installable under the current debian unstable
distro).

i thought of converting an rpm with alien, but
ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/lilypond/ no longer exists, and
www.cs.uu.nl has been down all day, so i can't get there to look for
other rpm download sites.  when i try to build the source, i get:

rm -f out/lily-guile.dep; DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT="out/lily-guile.dep out/lily-guile.o"
c++ -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DNPRINT -I.. -Iinclude -Iout -I../lib/include -I../lib/out
-I../flower/include -I../flower/out -I../lib/include -I../flower/include -g     -g
-DNPRINT -I/usr/include -Wall  -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wconversion  lily-guile.cc -o out/lily-guile.o
lily-guile.cc: In function `SCM ly_parse_scm(const char *, int *)':
lily-guile.cc:77: implicit declaration of function `int scm_fill_input(...)'
make[1]: *** [out/lily-guile.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/annex/src/lilypond-1.3.3/lily'
make: *** [all] Error 2

*sigh*.  has anyone built a .deb i could use?  or do you have
instructions on how it's done?  the install instruction explain how to
make an rpm, but the debian section just says to contact anthony.

| jeff covey [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|     "Having the source code is the difference between buying a house       |
|               and renting an apartment." -- Behlendorf.                    |