I tried to compile lilypon 1.3.4 yesterday, but it wouldn't compile.
I use gcc 2.95.2

In file included from include/beam.hh:11,
                 from auto-beam-engraver.cc:13:
include/directional-spanner.hh:25: `class Score_element *
Spanner::clone_const_helper()' needs a final overrider
include/directional-spanner.hh:25: `class Score_element * Spanner::clone() const'
needs a final overrider

It is very much related to the VIRTUAL_COPY_CONS() macro which is used
in Score_element (and other places).  I have tried to figure out what
the problem really is, but I don't know enough C++.

--
David Kågedal