I have a first version of LilyPond producing quartertone scores. If
anyone is interested in the patch, write me. My current patch is for
LilyPond 1.2.6 (because I can't install the Guile update required for
1.3.x on one of my machines), but applying it to any other release
should be easy, the only modified file is the script ly2dvi.

However, I have to confess that I have cheated a bit and taken an
"unelegant" shortcut. Instead of integrating quartertone support
properly into the code (which would probably take me months just to
understand the existing code), I add it by patching the TeX files
generated by LilyPond. Double flats are replaced by single flats,
and single flats by half flats (same for sharps). The limitations
of this approach are

- you can't have double accidentals and half accidentals in the same score

- no useable MIDI output for quartertone scores

- not quite perfect spacing due to the different widths of the accidentals

However, I can live very well with that. If I ever have too much spare
time, I might try to do a better job. For the moment I am more interested
in using LilyPond!

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]