Hi!

Is it really true that lilypond now (1.3.40) uses much more
memory than the old 1.2 versions did? several of my scores I
cannot translate into tex any longer (on my machine, 32MB),
because when preprocessing elements and at output, lilypond is
swapping and swapping. Earlier 1.3 versions were worse, though,
until the changelog said 'many memory holes fixed' or so.
I wonder if there are some holes left.  Like this, lilypond is
nearly unusable to me :-(( .  I don't want to wait >3 hours for the
processing of a piano score (even if there's much music in it).
With lily 1.2.17, it was done in ~20min, if I recall right.

Greetings,
 Dirk.

--
Dirk Lattermann   | Information is not knowledge | Beauty is not love
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Knowledge is not wisdom      | Love is not music