On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 12:40:17PM +0200, Harti Brandt wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
>
> > I'm having trouble with mp (mp installs as mpost).
> >
> > I copied /usr/local/bin/mpost to /usr/local/teTeX/bin/mp
> > and I created a link inimp to mp (I beliebe to remember
> > that this is the technique with initex etc. - I may be wrong here)
> >
> > Then I still get this failure here (when I gmake fonts):
> >
> > inimp   /usr/local/share/texmf/metapost/base/mfplain.mp dump
> > This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)
> > I can't find the mem file `inimp.mem'!
> > gmake[1]: *** [mfplain.mem] Error 1
>
> You shouldn't have to make these links. Configure figures out the correct
> name for mp:
>
> s%@METAPOST@%mpost%g
> s%@MPOST@%mpost%g
> s%@INIMETAFONT@%inimf%g
> s%@INIMFONT@%%g
> s%@INIMETAPOST@%inimpost%g   <<<<inimp
> s%@INIMPOST@%inimpost%g    <<< %@INIMPOST@%%g
>
> in config.status. NB: I installed teTeX from the ports collection without
> any canges.

It may be environmental pollution here again.
/usr/local/bin/mp (mp-a4 page formatter) and an old TeX installation in
/usr/local/bin may have caused the trouble.

Do you have an idea how I can 'repair' this (substituting inimp by
inimpost etc.) without remaking everything?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [EMAIL PROTECTED]