Over the past few months several improvements have been made to the way
Mutopia is stored on the server which, apart from making it easier for
me to add new submissions, also allow you to display music updated in
the last few days / weeks (precise number specified by you). This is
more accurate than it was previously, and the date that each piece of
music was last updated is now displayed in the table of music. In
addition to this, every piece of music now has a "more information"
webpage associated with it which at the very least will display the
maintainer's e-mail address, and may contain more useful and
interesting information about the piece of music. This is linked to
from the table of music.

Another new feature is a unique ID number which has been allocated to
each piece of music (at Han-Wen's suggestion). This is in the format:
     Mutopia-yyyy/mm/dd-nn
where yyyy/mm/dd is the date of the music's last update, and nn is a
number allocated by me to identify the particular piece of music (this
part will not change if the music is updated) - it can be
(theoretically) any number of digits long and is not padded out by
leading zeros.

This ID number will be printed at the bottom of each page of every new
piece of music submitted (if it uses Lily 1.3 or newer) using the
"footer" field - I will add it when I receive the submission. It is
also shown on the "more information" page

For those of you who haven't visited the Mutopia website, it is a
(slowly) growing archive of free music that is free not only to
download, but also to distribute and modify as you please. It is
situated at:

http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Mutopia/

Also, submissions have dried up slightly over the last few weeks -
don't forget about the project!

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - Mutopia Maintainer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]