Hi,

I've some question about Mudela.

1) I'm writing the Chopin's Ballade N.1 in g minor.
    Here's part of the code I'm writing:

\time 6/4;
   \stemdown )bes2. r8 \stemboth
   <
    { [c,8( d fis bes^5 a^5] }

    \context Voice=alto1 {
     \stemdown
     c2_> }
    \context Voice=alto2 {
     \stemdown
     s8 d4. }
    \context Voice=alto3 {
     \stemdown
     s4 fis4 }

This is a measure, I need to use three different contexts to overlay an
c2, an d4. and an fis4 (different durations
but they are sequential) over a group  of eights [c,8( d fis bes^5 a^5].

If I try to compile this code, Lilypond outputs a parse error for lines
\context Voice=alto {.
But it should be right. Please tell me where I'm wrong.

2) Here's another piece of code (for bass voice on Piano score):

   r2 <es,2 g c(> |
   <d1 g )es'> \bar "||";

These are two measures. I've two chords <es,2 g c> and <d1g es'>. They
have to be "slurred", but the slur
have to start at c of the first chord and stop at es' of second one.
Lilypond outputs a slur below the notes
that starts at es,2 and ends at d1! Anyway, the brackets () are in c and
es'.

4) How can I say Lilypond to place a crescendo sign below a note and not
above?
    I've the same problem with slurs. Sometime I need a slur to be above
the note and note
    below (and viceversa). How can I control positions of these signs?

5) I've tried to compile a lot of versions of Lilypond, from 1.3.73 to
1.3.9 and also 1.2.6 without any result:
    egcs returned lot of different errors on the code (on 1.3.9, for
example, it ends at moment.cc).
    Also the 1.3.72 rpm didn't work. At last I tried the 1.2.17 rpm and
it worked, but I'd want to use
    latest release where probably you've solved most of my problems.

6) How can I add a "glissando" sign to a chord?

At last, I want to thank all the people who are working on this project!
You're doing a great work! :-)

Bye, Romaz
--
R o m a z  ~  z A m 0 r / L R