On Saturday, 29 July 2000, Scott Ballantyne writes:

>          <
>               \context Voice = vone {
>               \stemup
>                      [b'16( as cs b as )b ]
>                      [ gs,16( b e b gs' )e ]
>                      [b'16( as cs b as )b ]
>                      [e,( b gs' e b )fs' ]
>                      [e( b gs' e b )fs' ]
>                    }
>               \context Voice = vtwo {
>                        \stemdown
>                      <a,4. ds>
>                      <a4. ds>
>                      gs4()a!8
>                      gs4()a!8
>                    }
>               \context Voice = vthree {
>                    s4\> s16 \!s16
>                    s4\> s16 \!s16
>                    s4\> s16 \!s16}
>          >

> This solves the horizontal problem of the previous effort, the
> decrescendos are precisely the correct length. However, it's a bit
> ugly, since there is now a vertical difficulty: the descrendos are
> printed on top of the notes, which makes it less legible as well.
>
> Is there a third solution possible in the current lilypond (this is
> 1.3.74).

This helps a little bit:

\include "english.ly"
\score{
\context Staff\notes

           <
        \time 6/8;
                \context Voice = vone {
                \stemup
                       [b'16( as cs b as )b ]
                       [ gs,16( b e b gs' )e ]
                       [b'16( as cs b as )b ]
                       [e,( b gs' e b )fs' ]
                       [e( b gs' e b )fs' ]
                     }
                \context Voice = vtwo {
                         \stemdown
                       <a,4. ds>
                       <a4. ds>
                       gs4()a!8
                       gs4()a!8
                     }
                \context Voice = vtwo {
                \property Voice.dynamicDirection = #-1
                     s4\> s16 \!s16
                     s4\> s16 \!s16
                     s4\> s16 \!s16}

}

I'm not sure if dynamicPadding still works, look for it in one of
the examples.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter