Hi!

I'm new to Lilypond, and to this list.  Lily is a wonderful
music typesetter.  In just a few short weeks, I've fallen in
love.  Congratulations to the developers.

Two questions:

1.  Is there an engraver for pedaling marks in piano scores?
        Binding the word "Ped" in italic under a bass note works
        fine, but a normal asterisk for "pedal off" is much too
        small, and not correctly aligned on the base line.

2.  How do I enter whole bar rests?  The convention for rests
    that last an entire bar is to use a whole-note rest,
    regardless of the time signature.  So far, I haven't found a
    way to do this.  How do I get, say, three bars of 6/8 with
    whole bar rests to come out as three bars with whole-note
    rests, rather than three bars of dotted-half rests?

--
PTPi
Peter Schaffter

A confirmed GNU/Linuxer. Sorry, I don't do Windows.