Hi,

Over the past few months, I've been searching for out-of-copyright paper
editions of various music, to contribute to the Mutopia project.  Such
editions have generally been hard to find.  I'm interested to know if this
is a problem other people are having.  Is finding music a minor irritation
or a serious difficulty?  I guess it's not a trivial problem - even in
Cambridge's copyright library I can't find out-of-copyright editions of
more than half the music I've searched for.

If you've contributed to Mutopia, where did you get your music from?  Was
it music you already owned, or a library, or somewhere else?  If you
haven't contributed yet, is this partly due to lack of out-of-copyright
scores?

One thing that occurred to me is that many of us may have access to
different collections of out-of-copyright scores.  If we could make a
central lists of some of the more well-known of these scores, then anyone
who wanted to type up a particular well-known piece could be sent scans to
work from.

Comments?

--
David