On Tuesday, 22 August 2000, Elamurugu Vaiyapuri writes:

> Would like to know if some one can 'compile' as web
> service...

This has been done and discussed in the past, see the mail
archives for detials.  In short: it's unsafe.

>   MIDI <-> ly (bidirectional)
>   ly -> PNG
>   ly -> PostScript
>
> Note: I have experience in compiling and installing
> Apache WebServer on Solaris. But, the software
> PREREQUISITES for lilypond is so many that I gave up

Yes.  If you're not a programmer you'd be better off using
pre packaged software, but I don't think that has been done
yet for Solaris.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter