On Tuesday, 22 August 2000, "Gerardo Garc=?ISO-8859-1?B?7WEg?=Cabrero" writes:

> I have walked the whole cycle (in a windows machinte with 1.3.46) from "Encor
    + e"
> midi files to *.ly files to *.ps files to png files (converting with ghostvie
    + w),
> and the problem with my resulting png´s is that some stems get lost (one brow
    + ser
> loses some stems, the other browser loses other stems).  Despite that inconve
    + nience,
> I display the midi file and the png in a web page and can follow the music wi
    + th
> the sliders or keyboard.
>
> Does anybody know how to correct this problem with the stems ?

If you did you did the ->png conversion manually, you may have
antialiasing problems?  You should have a look at the script
ps-to-pngs.sh (or maybe it's called ps-to-gifs.sh).  Note that
you can *not* use .png for viewing real music, you should use
.ps for that.

> Recently I read that a utility to convert from finale files to lily files was
> made realtively easily, is there a possibility to have the same for Encore fi
    + les
> ?.

Possibly.  Is the output format documented in ascii?  Is it documented?
If you, you can try to write a converter.  Have you looked at etf2ly.py,
it is quite a job.

> My problem is that the midi files coming from encore make midi2ly halluci
    + nate.

You should try midi2ly from a version >= 1.3.78

Btw: you're using Solaris and Windows?  You're not making it very easy
     for yourself.  Installing some version of GNU/Linux will make your
     LilyPond life much easier.

Greetings,
Jan.