To obtain precise positioning of crescendo/diminuendo marks, I have
gotten used to using this construction:

      <
      \context Voice = vone {
         c4()e  |
         fs4( [a8 )fs] e2 |
         }
      \context Voice = vtwo{
         s4 s4\> s2. \!s4
      }

however, for some reason, in the present piece, this causes the marks
to disappear without a trace.

The more I use lily, the more I appreciate it, but also the more I
feel the growing conviction that it would be the right thing to be
able to specify the starting point of a cresc and it's length, without
the need for attaching it to specific notes. You have all done such a
wonderful job, I hate to complain, particularly since you have all
done such wonderful work, but this has been in a difficulty in every
lily score I have done, and the present options are very awkward and
error prone. I hope you will consider something like this for a future
release.

A couple of other requests, while I'm at it:  Is there a way to enter
a series of triplets without doine \times 2/3 {} \times 2/3 {} ?  I
tried \times 2/3 {a b c a b c}, but this had unexpected results.

Finally, is there a way to get a breath mark (comma) right before
something like a note or a measure line? If not, could this also be
added to the 'TODO' list?

Thanks again for your help, attention, and the wonderful output that
lily keeps generating for me.

sdb
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]