[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> however, for some reason, in the present piece, this causes the marks
> to disappear without a trace.

OK, noted. (can you remember any particular upgrade that caused this?)

> The more I use lily, the more I appreciate it, but also the more I
> feel the growing conviction that it would be the right thing to be
> able to specify the starting point of a cresc and it's length, without
> the need for attaching it to specific notes. You have all done such a
> wonderful job, I hate to complain, particularly since you have all
> done such wonderful work, but this has been in a difficulty in every
> lily score I have done, and the present options are very awkward and
> error prone. I hope you will consider something like this for a future
> release.

we might. In the meantime, I think this should have worked as well (there
is no need to create an extra context, unless you need collisions
between vone and the decresc.)

     \context Voice = vone {
          c4()e \>
          fs4( [a8 )fs] < e2 { s4 \! s4 } > c4
        }

> A couple of other requests, while I'm at it:  Is there a way to enter
> a series of triplets without doine \times 2/3 {} \times 2/3 {} ?  I
> tried \times 2/3 {a b c a b c}, but this had unexpected results.

Check out input/test/tuplet-spanner-duration.ly

> Finally, is there a way to get a breath mark (comma) right before
> something like a note or a measure line? If not, could this also be
> added to the 'TODO' list?

there is \breathe , but it's not comma shaped. Patch appreciated, see
breathing-sign.cc

>Thanks again for your help, attention, and the wonderful output that
>lily keeps generating for me.

That's nice to hear, thanks.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/