It's been rumoured that Rob Browning said:

> "Nagle, Adrian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Also, will there be a somewhat "painless" method of converting my CBB
> > accounts to gnucash?
>
> Not right now.  If I can get a few spare moments one of these days,
> I'm going to clean up the translator I used to convert all my CBB
> data, hand it over to someone who said that they're be interested in
> finishing it (assuming they still are), and then we'll be on the way
> to having a CBB input method.
>
> It's fairly tricky to get right since CBB puts splits in several files
> with no unique identifier to link them all together.  Pulling things
> back together requires some careful matching and a little guessing.

I have not tested thoroughly (i.e. there may be bugs), but
1) gnucash will import qif's from cbb
2) gnucash merges qif's since that's how qif works.

so before knocking heads on the "careful matching & guessing" part,
try the qif route.  In theory it should ge as close as the brain-dead qif
format allows.

--linas
The GnuCash / X-Accountant Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
put "unsubscribe gnucash-devel [EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the body