[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have not tested thoroughly (i.e. there may be bugs), but
> 1) gnucash will import qif's from cbb
> 2) gnucash merges qif's since that's how qif works.
>
> so before knocking heads on the "careful matching & guessing" part,
> try the qif route.  In theory it should ge as close as the brain-dead qif
> format allows.

So you could just export all your accounts in cbb as multiple qif's
and then when you read them in to gnucash it'll merge the "duplicate"
transactions back into one transaction?  If so, that's great.

So are qif files "one account per file" like cbb files?  If so then
you've already solved the problem I was worrying about...

(Actually, now that I think about it, I can see there's a slower but
much less contorted solution than the one I was using to re-merge the
files in CBB.)

--
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930