I was trying to reconcile a credit card account, and was trying to
enter the negative amount for the ending balence.

Unfortunately when in the reconcile window I discovered that the
ending amount was being treated as if it was positive.

After a bit of digging I figured out it was the locale conversion
routine causing probles. The default initializer wasn't initializing
enough.

I modified it slightly to initalize the rest of the lconv structure
and default to showing the negative sign.

The plus side is in the ending balance dialog it stays a negative
number, and in the reconcile window you can see that it's actually a
negative value. On the negative side (pun partially intended) in the
main accounts list the values that are nicely formatted in red to
indicate that they're negative ended up with a redundant negative
sign.

I could submit the few lines of code needed to implement this, however
I thought I should ask what the policy for displaying negatives should
be first.

diane

PGP signature