Rob Walker wrote:

> Herbert> Rob Walker wrote:
>
> >> Does this mean that I think the register window should only shrink
> >> and not grow according to resizing the columns?  I think so, yes.
>
> Herbert> I don't agree. I like the register window to shrink and to
> Herbert> grow.  So I think the standard answer is: Make it a
> Herbert> configurable option.
>
> If it should grow automatically, why is there a scrollbar at the
> bottom?  Only for the times when we resize it down by hand?  But if
> someone touches _any_ of the column widths, the entire register window
> will careen back to the big size again.

That's a point for you, rob. I think what I really want is an easy way
(one click) to show the full width of a register. I just don't like this
"click on the window border and drag until you see everything". And I
usually have a register window with the full width open, so I don't need
the scrollbar at the bottom anyway.

 Herbert
--
Herbert Thoma