I tried installing gnucash-1.3.0 on SuSE-6.3 using the version of your
instructions distributed with gnucash-1.3.2 (it describes the installation
of 1.3.0).  Unfortunately I encountered a missing file error during
the ./configure step:

creating po/extract-macros.perl
creating include/messages_i18n.h
creating lib/Makefile
creating lib/Xbae-4.6.2-linas/Makefile
creating lib/Xbae-4.6.2-linas/src/Makefile
creating lib/ComboBox-1.33/Makefile
creating config.h
linking ./intl/libgettext.h to intl/libintl.h
configure: error: ./intl/libgettext.h: File not found
hendrik@topoi:~/cash/expand/gnucash-1.3.0 >

Since you seem to have succeeded in your installation, you presumably
have the missing file.  Have I left out something from my SuSE
that would explain this problem?