On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:26:46 +0100, the world broke into rejoicing as
Herbert Thoma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  said:
> In GnuCash 1.2.5 and earlier versions a change or the reconciled flag
> of a transaction changed also the corresponding transaction in the
> other account. This is no longer so in 1.3.x.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature, or should this become a configurable option?
> I liked the old way.

The new behaviour seems to me to be better...

The place where this is made clear is if you have a transaction
transferring money from one account to another.  For instance, a
payment of a credit card bill will affect both:
a) The credit card account, and
b) The bank account the payment comes out of.

If I reconcile one account, it is only *that account* in which the
verifications have been done, and not both.

It is typical (for personal finance) to do reconciliations only in the
bank accounts or credit card accounts; control the cash, and the other
numbers will implicitly be *somewhat* verified in the process.

The reconciliation flags should be associated with the splits, and I
would find it Rather Displeasing for a reconciliation of one account
to have any effect at all on the reconciliation statuses of other
accounts...
--
It isn't that physicists enjoy physics more than they enjoy sex, its that
they enjoy sex more when they are thinking of physics.