On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:48:32 PST, the world broke into rejoicing as
Dave Peticolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  said:
> > In GnuCash 1.2.5 and earlier versions a change or the reconciled flag
> > of a transaction changed also the corresponding transaction in the
> > other account. This is no longer so in 1.3.x.
> >
> > Is this a bug or a feature, or should this become a configurable option?
>
> There is a problem with setting the reconciled flag in both accounts.
> If your transaction is from one bank account to another, you will be
> reconciling them at separate times, so you only want the account you
> are working in to have the flags set.
>
> OTOH, if the 'other' account is an expense account, I guess there
> is no harm in checking the flag, but I'm not an accounting expert
> so I'm not sure. And what if you have a multi-split transaction
> with some bank accounts and some expense accounts?

There's little harm for people doing personal finances, who have
no interest in verifying anything other than "bank" accounts.  (And
I'd include, with that, "credit card" accounts, "investment" accounts,
and such, leaving out just the income/expense accounts...)

But the situation where a transaction hits multiple bank accounts is
what makes it clear that this is Somewhat Dangerous.

--
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his chest, with an axe.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>