>> An alternate would be to record the last check number entered and
>> bump that.  That would require storing non-financial per-account
>> data across invocations, and guess what... <surprise> we need that
>> for a lot of other things, so as Dave alluded to later, stay tuned,
>> we'll be addressing that soon.  Then we can decide whether or not
>> using the most recent number as the base is the right thing.  I
>> think it's likely to be pretty good.

Christopher> Quite a good assumption, so long as it comes on a
Christopher> by-account basis, and provides an easy way of aborting
Christopher> this to replace the "ID" with one of:

Christopher> a) ATM
Christopher> b) Debit/Credit Memo
Christopher> c) Deposit

Christopher> without requiring one to type in a bunch of "Deletes" to
Christopher> clean out the "ID number."

which is why the number should be highlighted, and the first non-next
character typed would nuke it all.  or, if they type A, it would
replace it with ATM, and would only be able to type in "ATM", or "Dep"
or "Debit"

>> > * It would be nice if autocomplete for the description would also
>> > enter in the information from the last transaction with that
>> > description.  That's the default behavior in moneydance and quicken,
>> > and I find it speeds up my data entry considerably.  Also, I was
>> > curious why the autocomplete for the description didn't also pop up
>> > a window the same way the autocomplete for the account did.  That
>> > way, someone could type in the first char or two, and then use the
>> > arrow keys to find the exact description they were looking for.

>> Nice idea, though this could be a pretty long listbox if you've
>> opened a register on thousands of transactions.  Perhapse we could
>> limit it to the last N descriptions if we added this feature.

Christopher> This *will* be unworkable if there are thousands of
Christopher> transactions; it should nonetheless be useful enough to
Christopher> have that "register" that looks to the nearest five or
Christopher> ten relevant transactions...

as you type characters, it would narrow the list in the box, right?

also, the list box would only be a certain length, with a scroll bar
on the side.  or was that obvious?

rob