My account structure looks something like this:

+ Cash On Hand
  + Bank Accounts
    - Checking
    - Savings
    - Certificate of Deposit
  + Savings Goals
    - Honeymoon
    - European Vacation
  + ...
+ ...

I'm not sure why you would treat it as a liability, but to be honest I have no
accounting background so maybe that is the best way.  I just treat my savings
goals as bank accounts.  They're merely logical accounts used to meet a certain
monetary goal, and since the money in a savings goal doesn't actually leave the
physical account it was transferred from, I still consider it an asset and
"Cash On Hand."  I basically treat a savings goal as a logical holding account
so that I don't try to spend those funds.

What is your reasonng for making them liabilities?  Maybe I'm not thinking of a
savings goal in the same way you are.  Plus, it's been awhile since I actually
used one in quicken, so I might not remember correctly how they worked there.
Perhaps you could refresh me?

Thanks,

-Scott