> linas> Ugh, I have more than once run out of file system space.  The
> linas> current backup scheme is designed to always leave you with a
> linas> usable (if older) copy no matter what.  I don't want to loose
> linas> that.
>
> Why would we have to lose that?  Another nice thing about RCS is that
> it doesn't need to have the entire file saved each time.

I was under the impression that RCS uses backward deltas.
As a result, it does write the entire final versio every time, and adjusts
previous versions so that they are just deltas from the most recent version.
If this fails, you've lost big, unless RCS is careful to maintain a backup
of the entire RCS file.

Am I wrong?

Is cvs any different?

-- hendrik.