Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > Just to add my voice to the mix:
> >
> > I want to be able to sort my register using time C (Quicken can do
> > this, btw) because when I'm doing my monthly reconcile with the bank
> > stmt, I always end up with a bunch of transactions which I never
> > entered during the month (for whatever reason).  This is like John's
> > "box job" above.  What I do in Quicken is, after figuring out which
> > ones they are and marking them on the paper stmt from the bank, is
> > enter them all in order.  It's very nice to see them in the register
> > in "order entered" order during this process so I can see where I am.
> > If the txns move back to their real dates (dates A or B above) as soon
> > as I enter them it's harder for me to check my work.
>
> We already track the date entered, so this is easy to do. I'll
> add this feature to the next release.

Great!

I've always wanted this feature in Quicken, but I didn't know it existed.
This would be very helpful when you realize that a transaction you could
swear you just entered has disappeared, and you're not sure if you haven't
entered it yet or if you used the wrong date on the transaction.  It's a
pain to track it down to correct the date.

So how does this feature work in Quicken?  And how will this work in Gnucash?
Will it involve "unhiding" a new column in the register, or simply a key
combination to change the register sort order?  And Dave do you ever sleep?

Gerald