> On Thu, 11 May 2000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > > In general, I think that we must assume no correlation between importing
> > > data and reconciliation. All that we know is that each entry imported
> > > from the bank must appear in the ledger and that it has cleared the bank.
> > > A JE must progress through the following "reconciliation states" 1)
> > > Entered
> > > 2) Cleared
> > > 3) Candidate
> > > 4) Reconciled
> >
> > That's right.  Only I like to add a note to each candidate and reconciled
> > transaction to pair it
> I'm not sure that I would allow you to alter the entry while it is
> "reconciled". However, I would assume that you are happy to do it in the
> "candidate" state.

With Quicken, I often change reconciled entries.
Wjat I never do is change the amounts.  It's not umusual for me
to find out more information about an entry after it is cleared
and reconciled (for example, who it was really paid to, when I finally
find my chequebook at the back of the kitchen utensil drawer.  I wonder how
it gets there??)