On 17 May 2000 11:24:58 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
Bill Gribble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  said:
> Hubert Figuiere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I'm about to test QIF format import from my Bank. It ask me what kind of QI
> > format I wish. I have the following choices:
> >
> > What is the best supported format ?
>
> I would try Quicken 98.  I don't actually think the differences will
> be significant; the QIF format hasn't really changed.  Your bank may
> know about some version-dependent "quirks" that it puts in the
> exported QIF files, but the QIF import code doesn't know about the
> version differences (it tried to accept anything that looks like a QIF
> file).
>
> Please let us know how it works!

Actually, an interesting thing to do with this option would be to take
a particular period of time and download the data in _ALL_ of the
formats available.

A "researcher" might then use diff to see what the differences between
the formats they propose are.

If there are _interesting_ differences, this could be useful to know
about.

I'd hope that the QIF import code could cope acceptably with all of the
variations; finding the differences could help pinpoint any problems
with that "hope."
--
When I die, I'd like to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers...