> Richard Wackerbarth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I am thinking in terms of a "plugin" to reformat the "memo"
> > information into the fields, like cheque number and Payee, which are
> > more appropriate.
>
> Could you clarify this last part a bit?  Have you observed the QIF
> memo field to be used in place of the existing QIF check number and
> payee fields?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Gribble

While we're opn the subkect, my bank puts the transaction date into the
memo field on credit card statements.  The cleared date is in the
date field.

^
M11/1/99
D11/4/99
PCOMMUNICATIONS ACCESSI MONTREAL PQ
T-40.20
^

Also, note the placement of foreign currency amounts in the P line.
(for me, US is foreign, and Canadian is domestic).

^
M11/7/99
D11/8/99
PANNABELLE`S BAR + BISTRO SAN FRANCISCO CA US  AMT =       30.44    US
T-45.46
^

Some kind of scripting seems appropriate.
But maybe I should just use a Perl script befire importing?

-- hendrik.