On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Bill Gribble wrote:
> tboldt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I would have to agree - having the ability to transfer a transaction from
> > one account to another using a field in the transaction entry is going to
> > be very confusing. You are mixing entry fields for the transaction with
> > actions done to the transaction.
>
> Actually, no.  The account on "this end" of the transaction is as much
> of a data field of the transaction as the account on "that end".  It
> makes sense to be able to change either end from a register view of
> the transaction, just as you could change the "Transfer From" field
> for a split.

I think that the problem is that the users tend to think of transactions as
being associated with accounts. In reality, they are not intrinsically
associated with any account.

The register is just a report that uses the transactions which happen to
affect that particular account. However, when you edit any transaction, you
are not doing so in the context of an account. The edit of a transaction
could just as well be done in its own separate window.