Keith Refson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> One priece of sub-optimal behaviour I have noticed with QIF
> importation is the association with a specific GNUCASH account.  I can
> choose the account from the "Accounts" tab after loading it, but the
> association is a once-off thing which isn't saved between sessions.

The association is supposed to be saved between sessions.  I've seen a
couple of reports like yours, but I can't reproduce the problem.
Maybe you can help me so I can get this fixed before the 1.4 release.

After you have used the QIF importer, do you have a file called
${HOME}/.gnucash/qif-accounts-map ?  It should be a text file
containing some sort of incomprehensible garbage but you should be
able to see the QIF account name and the Gnucash account name that you
selected adjacent to each other.

> Of course I can choose whatever filenames I choose for the QIF files
> -- in fact I have to -- I have more than one account and the default
> name my bank supplies is the same for each, so I have to modify the
> name for a download.

You can also put (type) the QIF account name in the "Default QIF
Account" field before you click "Load File".  Make sure you click the
"Auto" button off if you do this.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble