*** Regarding Re: non-functioning 'if' in report; Rob Browning
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> adds:

Rob> In most cases, we should probably have a gnc:financially-zero?
Rob> predicate, or something like it (with a better name) that checks
Rob> to see if a value is small enough to be considered zero in cases
Rob> where exactly zero isn't what's intended.

It always bothered me that Gnucash uses real numbers to represent
amounts (at least I think it does, correct me if I'm wrong).  There is
a risk that rounding errors could accumulate and eventually cause the
books to no longer balance.  I always that you had to use integer
arithmetic with financial data to avoid rounding errors.  For
instance, dollar amounts could either be represented as an integer
number of cents.  This does not work in all cases but you should be
able to get away with generalizing to rational numbers.  I can't think
of a situation where you would need an irrational number for an
amount.  32 bit integers may be too small to handle all amounts in
cents, but 64 bit integers should be big enough.

I was wondering if any of the Gnucash developers thought about this at
one point and what the conclusions were if they did.

--
Per Bojsen                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
7 Francis Road