On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Terry Boldt wrote:

> This may not be a big deal for the total gnucash package - but using scaled
> integer arthimetic or the financial calculator and amortization schedule
> computations I am finalizing and getting ready to send to Dave is done
> totally in double.

Typically, the calculations of compounded interest, etc. are done in FP
and then multiplier by the money to yield a monetary answer.

However, in computing an amortization schedule, the periodic interest is
computed and converted to money. Then the actual amount of principal and
resulting balance are computed (in money) to begin the next cycle.

As a result, there will be a slightly different final payment to correct for
the accumulated compounded rounding errors.

> Just my two cents worth.

Did you mean 1.993 cents?