On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> Terry Boldt writes:
> > using scaled integer arithmetic

> > log and exp functions are used and would have to be rewritten to use
> > scaled integers.

No, the only operations that you do on money are
Add money to money
Subtract money from money
Multiply money by a scalar and convert the result to money

The only log functions that I see in the financial computations
are to compute the scalar factor which is multiplied by the principal.

> I don't know about gmp - does it contain log and exp functions.

It doesn't matter. The scalar factors would be computed in FP.
Any refinement thereto can only be done by trial and error.